Eminence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silkroad Babel's Eminence Union Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aventuris

Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions Empty
PostSubject: Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions   Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:17 am

This is a topic to collect all kinds of information about Fortress War, also feel free to ask any questions Razz

About me: I just moved to Babel and joined PraetorianS. I come from Venus (yes I am legit). Over the course of my time there I have attended many FWs, so I am pretty pro. My build there and here will be a warrior/warlock.

This is a topic to share my knowledge with you Wink

1st, I have never attended a FW here so I am just generally analyzing some common mistakes, etc.

SO LETS GETS STARTED Very Happy

Let's get rollin with defending the fort.

1. The defending guild should make sure they have forces at all 3 gates EQUALLY spread out. Depending on where the major attacks take place, parties may be moved to other gates.
2. Defending guilds that are not holding the fort need to make sure they come in set up a command post rigth away and go inside the fort or stay right infront of a gate. !!!Don't go off chasing after people, it doesn't work!!!

As soon as you have a better overview of what's coming, take according action.
REMEMBER, it's always easier to defend from the walls than it is from in front of the gates, but it is less effective.

On Venus we could defend 150 people atatcking with 3 parties. Yes, 24 vs. 150 and we won.
What it takes is 1. Teamwork and 2.Skill (Knowledge of your build)

Common tricks used to defend large masses of people
- Warriors standing behind the gate can use the target enemy button to target foes behind the wall and use sprint assault to knock them back, same works with the light KB skill of wizards.
- If you are a wizard and standing close to a gate (after enemies destroyed it), hide inside one of the gate controllers (beside the gate). You can get inside them and you cannot be target unless someone uses teh target enemy button. VERY EFFECTIVE and it drives the other people insane.
- Bards and clerics can use their absolutes to kill wizards in LT or people ressed in immortal status easily. (3+ people required to kill people in immortality)

TEAMWORK

I can't emphasize this enough. You are not necessarily pro if you get a high kill count during FW. You are pro if you know how to play well. Teamwork is the key to success. Success is keeping the Fortress.
For example if you are a wizard/bard and you have 5 wizards in your party, go bard, get a tambour going, heal MP, use your low cooldown attacks, IT ROCKS and your party just got 150% stronger.
Be creative, try out new strategies and sometimes not having the highest killcount actually makes you alot more pro. and I mean it!

Party Setup

To have a successful party setup is to have a successful war. Planning is all it takes. Get your party up a good 30 minutes before the war starts and play with people you are comfortable playing with.
Don't make guild only parties, invite people form the whole union!!

What I will say now, will probably not be liked by all players that play a chinese char, but it's true:
Euro's are meant to party, they are STRONG in a party. Having a chinese char now and then might not be bad but genrally speaking euro's complete each other. Don't take this as a bad thing, as a chinese get some cleric buffs and go pwn with a few fellow chinese players.

Ideal, again ideal, Euro Party Layout for wars
-2 tanks (VERY IMPORTANT), make sure that the wizards, the lock and the cleric have full buffs. Use your knockback and stun skills.
- Cleric, obvious, heal, keep the HP up and res
- 2 bards, 1 st bard tambour, then 2nd bard dance and then the first bard should use hit march
- 2-3 wizards, you are the main dmg output of the party but you are also teh weakest link. Use your knockback, fear and bind skills!!
- 1 lock (if available), DOT DOT DOT and MAG debuffs. Your party will have zerk every few secs/minutes. Having a good lock in the party is THE BEST!

This is the ideal party setup, in my life I maybe played an ideal party twice but for everyone's benefit try to get the parties as close to this layout as possible.

Just so you guys don't die from reading this post, ima cut short here. Keep in mind our union can easily defend this fort against the whole server. All it takes is planning, teamwork and knowledge of your build. SUPPORT your teammates and have FUUUN!!!

~ Avent
Back to top Go down
kamikaz33
kamikaz33

PostSubject: Re: Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions   Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:24 am

Great Job Aventuris... i guess thats pretty much the basics said in there.
ohh and btw, welcome in Babel, Lots of azzholes... but im sure they're everywhere hehe but anyways also lots of good people.

This last war since there wasnt many people attacking i got myself and 2 other mates to destroy the enemy tents.
While doing it, i found that when i get close to a tent and if i use the arrowkeys to move the closest possible to the tent, im able to be hammering it without enemy beeing able to select and therefor attack me.
U can use same tactic if youre one of those Chinese chars who goes on to the field killing everything that moves, and get close to one of the tents or even the empty tent spots and be attacking who goes by, without beeing selected by enemy, i had a lot of fun doing it by the way hehe.

Ok enjoy, and keep with these positives posts Aventuris
Back to top Go down
http://kamikaz33.com.sapo.pt
Aventuris

PostSubject: Re: Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions   Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:18 am

On Venus we had our lower lvls make hammering parties and all they'd do is go and hammer command posts. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions   Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Fortress War Tips/Guide/Questions
Page 1 of 1